Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Andrew Mark Rigsby-Boy oh Boy!


Welcome to the world our sweet baby boy! We waited SO long for you (me, especially.) You decided to celebrate your birthday just two days shy of your due date. What a little stinker! But it couldn't have been more perfect. It was cold and snowy (the big-white-fluffy-soft kind of snow) your Lola was in town and we were ready to get the party started.

Last Thursday I was having contractions that were pretty strong but kind of irregular. I was so much hoping that we would finally get to meet you. Your dad and I went to the hospital that morning just to make sure everything was ok, but went home empty handed. I was still only dilated at 3cm and the contractions seemed to go away. Total false alarm. Going back to work the next day was a bit of a circus because everyone thought I had you already :) Well, this morning I woke up around 3:30 am having similar contractions as before so I tried to get another hour of sleep before work. I got SOME rest (but not much) and got showered and dressed as usual. Something felt different, though. I woke your dad up when my contractions were really starting to kick my butt! We ended up waiting a few hours before heading to the hospital...to be (sort of) sure. We got there around 9:30ish, discovered I was a good 5 cm dilated, and spread the news that we were going to have a baby! Our nurse, Peggy, was fantastic! We got checked in, the doctor broke my water, epidural placed around 11a and you were in my arms at 2:20p :)


You were a hefty 8 lbs 7 oz (I could tell you were going to be a big boy!) 19.5 inches, Apgars of 9 and 9 and absolutely perfect! When they laid you on my chest you started nursing within seconds. The nurses were cracking up that you latched on so quickly. (One said "well..typical boy" :P) I LOVED finally holding you in my arms and meeting you for the first time. I couldn't stop kissing you. Our family feels complete with you in it. We chose the name Andrew Mark for you because it is a solid, strong, all-american, all-boy name. Andrew means "man, warrior." The name Mark has a very special meaning. It belongs to your daddy's older brother, your uncle, who you will meet in heaven some day. He was a wonderful person with a contagious laugh! Someday you will understand just what we mean :)


And to Summer, our little princess...what an amazing big sister you are! When you and your Lola arrived at the hospital you were so curious about my "PJ's" and the IV in my arm and all the unusual medical stuff that surrounded us. You were such a good sport. Peggy offered you a bunch of treats (italian ice, graham crackers, apple juice, banana, jello.) You were so patient waiting for your baby brother to be born. When he was finally out of mommy's belly you wanted to hold him and touch him and kiss him all over. You even sat with me in the hospital bed so we could all cuddle. The nurses took you under their wings while they took his footprints, listened to his heart and lungs, and got him cleaned up. You just did not want to leave his side! You made your daddy and me so proud. We love you and your brother so much and cannot wait for all that's in store for our growing family!






Boy oh Boy...it's a Boy!! It was truly a special day....

No comments: